Our state executive committee elections are around the corner and we are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals who are interested in co-creating a revolutionary state party.
The Nevada Green Party structure is not hierarchical. We believe in a circular model of shared governance, where co-leadership, participation and direct democracy are valued.
The executive committee works together to ensure the success of the party as a political entity within the laws set by legislation and the secretary of state, facilitates and empowers local leadership and candidates for local and state office, coordinates state and national events, and empowers and coordinates with local chapters.
We know there is a lot of work to be done to build our party and we know that many of you are busy with jobs, families and other activities. We appreciate the time you are willing to give to the cause. As a member of the executive committee you are accepting a meaningful leadership position that we expect will be taken seriously. You are a voice and a representative of our party.
Of course, there is an expectation that you will get work done. Our meetings will be monthly either online or face to face. More frequent meetings will happen as needed. Many hands make light work. If we are all putting in a little time each week, we will get a lot accomplished and not have any one person feel burdened and overwhelmed.
We are part of a resistance movement that aims to bring equality, democracy, human rights, and a healthy environment to our communities. We strive to work towards solutions that reflect our 10 key values and our party platform. We strive to be inclusive, knowing that we are working for a better world for all people. We hope to educate and empower those joining us with empathy and always remember that it is Love that calls us to this important work.
If you are interested here are the steps that you will take:
- Read the Bylaws
- You will be applying for one position. Decide if you are interested and willing to perform the responsibilities of the position you are running for.
- Write a short bio and letter of intent that will be posted online. Please include a photo of yourself. This is what the membership will see to determine if they want to vote for you. Please have these letters and photos sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than July 20th. Bios will be posted on June 15th.
- On June 29-30 – There will be an online election for Green Party members only.
- On July 1st – New board members will be announced and 2-year term begins
Open Positions and Responsibilities
Co-Chair (2 position)
The Co-Chairs are responsible for:
- Facilitating General Meetings.
- Creating the proposed agenda for General Meetings.
- Obtaining current voter registration information databases from the Secretary of State.
- Assisting other Executive Committee members.
Co-Secretary (2 position)
The Co-Secretaries are responsible for:
- Filing certificates of Existence, List of Candidates, and other filings with the Secretary of State and Federal Election Commission.
- Communicating with the Secretary of State and Federal Election Commission.
- Keeping information current with the Green Party of the United States.
- Recording and publishing State General Meeting minutes and State Executive Committee Meeting minutes.
- Maintaining membership information.
Co-Treasurer (2 position)
The Co-Treasurers are responsible for:
- Communicating with financial institutions on behalf of the Nevada Green Party.
- Filing and presenting Treasurer’s Reports.
- Filing financial fundraising reports with the Secretary of State and the Federal Election Commission.
- Maintaining credit card and Paypal accounts.
- Maintaining a budget.
- Maintaining sub-accounts for Local Chapters.
- Handling any other financial responsibilities pertaining to the Nevada Green Party.
At Large Member (2 positions)
The At-Large members are responsible for:
- Coordinating with the Local Chapters.
- Assisting other Executive Committee members with work.
- Heading a committee and handling that committee’s work.