Nevada State Green Party
GPNV HQ 775 298 6847
|Swag!: Our sales are blooming! Thank you!. https://nvgreenparty.org/store/||Videos: YouTube Register to Vote: https://youtu.be/bhl49std-I4 Our Pillars: https://youtu.be/y-6YJ1q_cuA|
|News: TikTok!!! https://nvgreenparty.org/2022/02/01/the-green-new-deal-greenpartynv-greenpartynv-tiktok-watch-greenpartynvs-newest-tiktok-videos/ ||GPUS: https://gpus.org/ YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumuaQZOLqzyb5Nc3uD7QPg/videos & https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Y81PE9EHHBNDHm9zWH5aQ|
The Green Party is the WE Party!
Check your Registration
NVGP is a Progressive Platform geared towards Humanity and Environment
Election Times!: Vote! We have three really good questions for our Nevada State Constitution, where voting YES aligns with the GPNV By Laws and GPUS By Laws.
- Shall the Nevada Constitution be amended by adding a specific guarantee that equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by this State or any of its cities, counties, or other political subdivisions on account of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, ancestry, or national origin? This is long overdue for the United States as a whole to keep moving forwards as a progressive entity. Moving into a first world government requires the equality of all. This starts by putting this in our Nevada Constitution by voting YES!
- Shall the Nevada Constitution be amended, effective July 1, 2024 to: (1) establish the State’s minimum wage that employers must pay to certain employees at a rate of $12 per hour worked, subject to any applicable increases above that $12 rate provided by federal law or enacted by the Nevada Legislature; (2) remove the existing provisions setting different rates for the minimum wage based on whether the employer offers certain health benefits to such employees: and (3) remove the existing provisions for adjusting the minimum wage based on applicable increases in the cost of living? The current structure is punishing employees on the basis of health care/benefits. Unfortunately health care/benefits is lumped into employment and now employers are claiming this is part of a salary, when many have little choice as upper management, to afford different options. This discrimination of wage based, health care/benefits should end with a YES vote.
- Shall the Nevada Constitution be amended to allow all Nevada voters the right to participate in open primary elections to choose candidates for the general election in which all voters may then rank the remaining candidates by preference for the offices of the U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, State Controller, Attorney General, and State Legislators? YES. Right now we have three of the largest voting blocks: Democrats at 721.457, NPPs at 651,751 and Republicans 640,416. Soon the NPPs will over take to the largest voting block in Nevada.
Check your Registration: Recently we have had two individuals register Green in two different methods that were brought to our attention through their new voter registration cards, showing Non Partisan, when they opted to be Green Party. If you want to be categorized and registered as a Green Party member you might need to register again or pull up your registration online and request a new Green Party voter registration card. Most will show Green Party when they check online but will receive a Non Partisan voter card in the mail, and then does not show up as Green Party in our voter rolls. Don’t be discouraged, keep updating your registration until it arrives correctly.
Volunteers: This is where our party has the most opportunity to grow. Spread the word to stay up to date on your voter registration status, making sure your status matches your voter registration Buy swag from the store to start a visual conversation. Write articles for our website and/or newsletter. Engage new individuals to review our By Laws and Pillars. Become a Committee member and join one of our Caucuses in the GPUS.
Numbers: A vision is born … Can we turn a whole county in the state of Nevada to Green Party county? This may not be as tough as you think. Imagine if the NPP individuals opted to join ANY party, but the two ‘major’ parties. The NPPs could wipe the stronghold of controlled opposition out of existence. Right now our smaller counties have the following numbers as of September 2022:
|County||Total Registered||10% to Green||NPP & Other||Dems||Reps|
To see the full numbers visit: https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/elections/voters/voter-registration-statistics/2022
1. https://www.gp.org/platformByLaws to review your strengths to be a Leader in the Green Party!
2. https://nvgreenparty.org/bylaws-rules-procedures/ By Laws, Rules and Procedures.
Nevada State Green Party Activation: No help is too small! Easy things to participate with are:
- Submit a paragraph to be sent in this newsletter. This is our party and you are welcome to build and create with the active members too, since you are a part of ‘our.’
- Like, Share, Subscribe to the various social media platforms. The more activity that is generated the more the Nevada Green Party is seen.
- The Green Party platform is not just politics, the Green Party is a Philosophy, to ensure responsible existence on Earth. Be proud to be a Green Party member and let others know they don’t have to follow the duopoly or disenfranchise themselves with NPP as their only choices. The more numbers they bring into specific parties, like the Green Party, the more political parties will have to follow the will of the people.
If you have any questions please email us at: email@example.com
Margery Hanson Co-chair
Daniel Alves Co-chair/ At Large Member Clark County
Andrea Warzlow Historian/Co-treasurer
Robert Hanson At-Large Member Nye County
Questions, comments, participation, email us:
I am: ____________________________________
I enjoy assisting with these types of activities:
GPNV is a Progressive Platform geared towards Humanity and Environment
Growth: New members are joining everyday! Let your NPP friends know where we are. We have just received some feedback that some think we are not on the registration options online! Yes WE ARE! The SOS has put us in the Minor Party section.